Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Vegan Unstuffed Peppers: $2.57 meal and Oh so good!







For some reason I was wanting stuffed peppers for lunch,
so I decided to share my version with you guys.
Hope you enjoy!


You will need:

1 medium onion ($.10)
1 large bell pepper ( $.50 )
1 tsp. minced garlic ( $.05)
1 1/4 cup uncooked rice ($.40)
1 8oz can tomato sauce ($.25)
1 15oz can diced tomatoes ($.59)
1 can chick peas ($.68)
salt and pepper to taste
EVOO

$2.57 total for a huge pot of deliciousness!


Directions:
1. Cook rice according to package directions.

2. Sauté onions and peppers in EVOO until done,
then add minced garlic and S&P to taste.
Dump in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until
your rice is ready.

3. Dump in your rice to the veggie mixture.
Then its time to eat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.