Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Happy Mother's Day!



 1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you were growing up) about your mother.

I appreciated the way she could always make do with what we had.
Be it food, clothes, or household items.
She could make a meal from literally nothing.
I miss her!

 2. A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads-"Necessity is the mother of invention." When did this last play out in your own experience?

I think it would have to be when we were having issues with our
kitchen sink sprayer. I could find no cleaner to get it unclogged.
I had tried everything.
Except toilet bowl cleaner.
Yep, toilet bowl cleaner will unclog your kitchen sink sprayer.
I had The Works! TB cleaner on hand, so I filled a Solo cup
half full of it, and placed the sprayer in to soak.
A little over an hour later, I checked it, it was working!
2hrs later, BAM!
A working sprayer...lol!

 3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.

It would be when my "mothers youngest daughter" was born.
Momma almost lost her a couple times during her
pregnancy. So when she brought her home from the
hospital, I told her that she was too tiny to have caused
her to be sick so much. But I was glad she was
here now, so Momma would get better.

 4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?

I haven't in quite awhile!


 5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made?
Do you make that dish for your family/friends now that you're all grown up?

My Mother was an amazing cook.
My favorite was her Deviled Potato Salad.
I still make it for the family to this day.
Its another dish I miss since becoming vegan.
Just the smell of it makes me think of her.

 6. Mother May I? was at one time a popular children's game. It required no equipment or parts to play. What was your favorite childhood game to play where you could just turn up and play-no gear needed?

We loved Charades, Red Rover, and hide and seek!

7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?

I don't have one, we never really watched a lot of TV growing up.
Since then I have been so busy with school, then college,
 then marriage and the children.
I didn't have much time to watch the backs of my eyelids,
which during that time,
I would have chosen over watching TV any day of the week!
lol!

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.



Happy Mothers Day Momma! I love you and miss you so much!
Until we meet again...

1 comments:

Joyce said...

Good for you fixing that sprayer! So many have mentioned today missing their mamas. I think Mother's Day is hard for so many people. I'm glad you have happy memories of yours.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.