Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday: An understanding hubby!


This week has been a week full of "little" blessings.
Not so much the "Stand up and take notice" kind.
But blessings nonetheless


1. An understanding hubby.
I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or the overworked , frazzled mom mood, or
just being exhausted in general. Because I was in a terrible mood Sunday.
I just wanted to sleep in, which to me is beyond 5am.
But anyone that has a child with Type 1 Diabetes knows that
doesn't happen anymore.
Our sons BG tends to drop way too low in the wee hours of the morning,
so I am up super early testing it, so he can stay asleep.
Never to return to bed until 11pm or so the same night.
After a days worth of work, I'm exhausted.
Still exhausted as I type this.

2. That our son alive.
I know that is a given for any parent. But
I don't want to sound like I am complaining, because I'm not.
I'm so thankful that God helps us through each day.
That he gives me the will and strength to keep going when my body just wants to rest.

3. That I get any sleep at all.
Is maybe how I should look at it.
Because for the first few weeks after he came home from the hospital after his diagnosis,
there was no sleeping. At least not for me anyway.
I was constantly checking on him during the night.
My mind wouldn't let me forget how close we came to losing him long enough to
fall asleep for any length of time.

4. Medical miracles.
They do exist.
If not for insulin our son wouldn't be here anymore.
I pray everyday and night that they find a cure for this terrible
disease. So many kids suffer with it. I know it would be a saving grace
for our family and many others!


That's just a few of my blessings, but each little one is sent
from God and I appreciate them all just the same,
 
What are you thankful for this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.