Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Menu Plan Monday: 3/30-4/5/14


A day late, but better late than never I guess! lol


I am using a great printable from At Home With Nikki
found here to do our weekly menu planning and shopping.

Our week and grocery budget for April started on
Sunday 3/30. I am going to budget $100.00 per week.
Since I try to shop on Tuesdays that makes it $500.00 this month.


Here is what's on the menu this week:


Breakfasts will be:
eggs and bacon
pancakes
steel cut oatmeal with fruit
sausage gravy & biscuits with sliced tomatoes
 organic cereal with almond milk
bagels with organic preserves
homemade waffles

Lunches will be:
 Leftovers
Turkey breast sandwiches, chips
PB&J sammies, chips
Grilled chicken salad
sautéed veggies over leftover rice
wraps ( hummus, veggies, BLT's , Turkey, etc.) chips
grilled cheese, tomato or leftover soup , salad 


Dinners will be:


3/30~ We were our of town, so we had dinner out.


3/31~ Oven Fried Pork Chops, Vegan pasta salad, applesauce


4/1~ Taco's, Vegan refried beans, fresh veggie toppings


4/2~ Honey BBQ Chicken Breast, green beans, salad


4/3~ Burgers on the outside grill, chips, salad


4/4~ Steaks on the outside grill, Vegan Baked Onion Rings, salad


4/5~ Breakfast for dinner
 The Families choice!


Interestingly enough, my shopping list for this week is extremely small.
So I am going to take advantage of that and stock up on some laundry detergent and Ragu at Winn Dixie today before the 3 day sale is over.


What's on your menu plan this week?


Just a note:

I adjust the dinner meals on the nights I knew our son won't eat the dish because of his Type 1 Diabetes, for example, the Honey Chicken...he wont touch it, too many carbs in the honey. So I just don't use his Chicken Breast from the 3 pack for the dish and prepare it separately. I just add a salad or green beans to his plate. The same applies to other dishes in the menu plan, but you get the idea.
Since I am vegan, I adjust my plate around what is for dinner, if no vegan options are there, I have a hummus and veggie wrap, salad or whatever really, I am not picky. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.