Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Mardi Gras & Mad hares?

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks for playing along!  

 Here are my answers-

1. The expression, 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare', and what was it that made you that way?

Honestly, I haven't been mad in ages. Years even. Crazy, I know . Or is it?
When we moved to FL in 2011, I vowed to leave all the
drama and anger where it belonged. 
In VA, with the people that created it. They were literally sucking the life out of me.
I was always upset/mad/ready to kill one of them. I wasn't sleeping. I wasn't healthy.
All the negativity was killing my soul.
Fast forward to now. I am an entirely different person. I am happy, laid back, drama free and almost 95% stress free. Because there is always going to be the menial life stresses that are beyond our control that we just have to deal with.
Over the years I have worked very hard to get my temper under control and to rid my life from all the things that make me "mad as a March Hare", so far, so good. 




 2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think?  If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, gold, and green are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?

I've never been to Mardi Gras or New Orleans. I honestly don't have any interest in going. The crowds, drunken-ness and partying just aren't for me.
I think green in the most prevalent in our home and my wardrobe.
Being a redhead, the color just looks good on me
and makes our home feel more homey.
Green is the color of most plants, tree leaves, etc...so it makes the house feel more "alive" to me.



3. Are you old fashioned?

I think so. At least it some ways. 
Manners, respect for our elders and common courtesy are second nature to our family.
The outside world? Not so much.
For example;
If I ask to return a cart to the corral for a senior citizen here,
I get the most weird looks.
You know what I mean...the
 " I can do it myself, I am not that old yet" kinds of looks.
However, they normally just push it in front of their cars and leave.
Which is one of my biggest pet peeves for any age group. 

I also cannot stand the whole pants sagging trend, I mean seriously?
 Pull up your pants already!
If half of the kids these days knew what that actually meant,
they would have them pulled up to their chins!


4. Do you like to carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?

We definitely plan for the hotel room or beach house. The rest is usually spontaneous.
I think the best trips are when you let the fun just happen. 


 5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?

General Tso's wok sauce, without a doubt.
Being vegan and gluten free is hard.
I loved General Tso's chicken before becoming vegan.
So now I just stir fry up the veggies, and top with the sauce.
Then serve over rice. Yummmy!



 6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?

Oh Goodness, mostly family traumas lately.
Thinking of my Moms battle with cancer that she lost.
The anniversary of her passing, her birthday, holidays...heck...everyday.
I miss her, she was my best friend. :(
 My sons traumatic Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis
 after almost losing him to a ketoacidosis coma.
The day to day struggle he has with the disease.
The thought of what kind of quality he is actually going to
have to his life if a cure is never found.
The list could go on and on...
  

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?

I'm not really into sports. But if I had to choose it would be John Force's race team.
For the simple reason that my hubby would love it!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.


If you haven't already, clean out your life. Get rid of the mess, stress and drama causers in your life and hold on tight to the ones that aren't. You will have a peace of mind that you have never known before. I am living proof of that.

Be Blessed my friends!

4 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Great advice for your random thought!

Theresa said...

I love your answer to #1! I am mostly gluten free and although I eat meat I look for vegan recipes for baking because I know they won't have milk or eggs (both of which are allergens for me). It isn't easy to find both. I just requested a couple of gluten free cookbooks from the library which I am excited to read.

Joyce said...

The grocery cart thing is one of my pet peeves too.The other day I pulled in to a space and the woman whose car was parked facing mine (she was leaving) rolled the cart up and left it between our cars. The return was beside her car so it wasn't like she had to walk far. I might have made a production out of taking that cart to the return : )

Crystal said...

Theresa~ You're right, it isn't easy. I have been adjusting, but its hard. I Google recipes daily...lol!

Joyce~ Its bad isn't it? I just don't understand it. I mean, you use the cart, you take it back. Not a hard concept...lol!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.