Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Look for angels in your life, they are everywhere!

Welcome to the Hodgepodge! 

 
1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.

I am interested, but I must admit that if my ancestors are anything like my parents "other kids" are, I dont wanna know anything about them.
They are that bad.

2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is credited as saying-
"Luck is the residue of design."
Agree or disagree? Why?
 
Agree, I think that in alot of instances we make our own luck. Because in reality, luck could be knocking at our door but if we dont open it, it cant come in!
 
 
3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?

I would have to say our yard. We are lucky enough to live on just over an acre here in Lakeland, which is unheard of with so many people living here.
 
There are lots of trees, we just planted some flowers and put down fresh mulch everywhere!
It was alot of work, but I love it!
 




 
We bought this little stepping stone in memory of my Mom.

 
These beautiful trees are all over the property. I am one happy lady!

 
These little buggers I could totally do without though!


4. Who is your favorite comedian?
Kevin Hart. I just love him!

5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?

This is one area where I can honestly say there is no room for improvement for myself or our son.
 At all. We are very strict with what we eat.
Now my daughter and hubby? Well...they eat crap.
Seriously.
Our son and I have tried to get them to eat better, but it doesnt work.
 



6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks-green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.

Green thumb,
Since we were busy with yard work lately!
see #3

7. What is one place you don't mind waiting?

I know this going to sound crazy, but...
I dont mind waiting at home for my Orkin man, lmao!
Hey. We live in Florida, the bug capital of the world!
There are bugs here that I never new existed before we moved here.
 
This is one example:
 
photo credit: google image search
 
WTH is a lovebug anyway?
Read all about them HERE , and yes...they are out in full force!
They are March flies after all! Iccck!
 
 


8. Insert your own random thought here.


 
Be blessed my friends!
 
 


2 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Love your flowers. I like being a detective in tracing my roots - it gets more and more interesting.

Joyce said...

I'm a little green with envy at your gardening weather. We're still under a blanket of snow, the wind is howling this morning, and with the wind chill the weather reporter says it feels like 1 degree. Ugh. Enjoy your beautiful flowers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.