Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Monthly meal planning...another wrench!




Shortly after my last post, I had a Doctor appt.
I had some blood tests done to check for Celiac disease,
the results came back the next day.
I found out at that I have a Gluten Intolerance, not Celiac Disease,
but a definite intolerance to Gluten.
That's the wrench.
Gluten Free & Vegan...fabulous!
Just those few words = expensive.

I have changed my diet, yet again. Gluten Free everything. I was also informed to avoid the nightshade fruits/vegetables except for twice per week.
So just WTH do I eat then? Uggh, this has been a nightmare.
I have been living on salads, gluten free oatmeal and grits.
The Gluten free wraps and bread are nasty.
I used to love my Hummus and veggie wraps, but no more.

The only good thing about this whole mess is that I feel somewhat better.
My Dr. said it would take at least a month of being Gluten free to see the benefits.
 But this has definitely shot my budget all to hell again. =(
I had to make a few trips to various stores for Gluten Free replacements to what I just bought for my food for the month...i.e.,
 Oatmeal, Grits, Bread, Crackers, Wraps and snacks.
As well as be mindful of the nightshade fruits/veggies in my meal plan.
Its going to take some getting used to. But it has to be done.

So far my OOP for the month is $618.04 and its only February 7th!
So much for that $500 mark huh?
So bummed, but it is what it is, I guess.
We adjust yet again as life has thrown us a curve ball!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.