Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

February Monthly Meal Plan.


I posted about how I menu plan for the month HERE,
the short version is that I sat down and wrote out 14 meals I knew my family would eat, then doubled it. To make our meal plan for the month.
That means they eat the same meal twice in the month.
That is 28 meals, with at least 3 days of Leftovers for the month.
( Probably will be more )
This month we are carrying over a few dinner meals from last month
thanks to lots of leftover nights.
So the menu below will get us through the 8th or 9th of March for dinner meals.


Here are our dinner meals for the month:

Spaghetti, salad, garlic toast
Homemade Lasagna, salad, garlic bread
Chinese Pepper Steak Stir Fry, rice
Tacos, refried beans, fresh veggies
Vegan Vegetable & Bean Enchiladas, organic rice, salad
Chicken Tostadas, fresh veggies
Honey Chicken, roasted broccoli, organic rice
Penne Pasta with Chicken and veggies, salad, crusty bread
Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots
Beef Goulash/ Stew, French bread
Burgers,  homemade fries, salad
Vegan Black Bean Soup, crusty bread
Vegan Pasta with Beans ( & cheese for the family), green beans
Vegan White Bean Stew, salad, crusty bread


Carried over dinner meals from last Month:
Homemade Vegan minestrone Soup , crusty bread
Spaghetti, salad, garlic toast
Linguine, salad, garlic bread
Cube steaks, fries, green beans
Burgers,  homemade Vegan macaroni salad, chips



Breakfasts will be:
eggs and bacon
pancakes
steel cut oatmeal with fruit
sausage gravy & biscuits with sliced tomatoes
 organic cereal with almond milk
bagels with organic preserves from Aldi
homemade waffles


Lunches will be:
 Leftovers
Turkey breast sandwiches, chips
PB&J sammies, chips
Grilled chicken salad
sautéed veggies over leftover rice
wraps ( hummus, veggies, BLT's , Turkey, etc.) chips
grilled cheese, tomato or leftover soup , salad


Just a note:
I adjust the dinner meals on the nights I knew our son wont eat the dish because of his Type 1 Diabetes, for example, the Honey Chicken...he wont touch it, too many carbs. So I just don't use his Chicken breast from the 3 pack for the dish and prepare it separately. I just add a salad or green beans to his plate. The same applies to other dishes in the menu plan, but you get the idea.
Since I am vegan, I adjust my plate around what is for dinner, if no vegan options are there, I have a hummus and veggie wrap, salad or whatever really, I am not picky. ;)


We grocery shopped for the month on 1/28 since that is the only day that wasn't too booked to rearrange things to allow for grocery shopping time.


We shopped at:


Winn Dixie: $89.48
for meats, & organic rice, and a ton of closeout HBA & Household items
( Stay tuned for the full list! )


Aldi: $201.03
for organic pastas, sauces, and everything else...
too much to list, lol!


Dollar Tree: $29.26
for a couple lasagna pans, a lot more storage bins and some White Wheat hamburger buns


Walmart: $72.01
for 4 jars of pasta sauce for lasagna, cheap Garnier Hair products, Birdseye Recipe Ready veggies and a restock up of laundry items.
(Stay tuned for the full list!)


We spent a total of $391.78


That is everything needed for the months dinner meals, lunches and breakfasts.
Lots of household items and restocking the laundry supplies!

I still have to pick up paper towels and toilet paper from Dollar General for the month but I always get those on a $5/$25 store coupon day, which should be Saturday.

Of course I will have to get milk, eggs, produce and our sons
Zero Carb snacks as needed throughout the month, but that is it!


I am aiming at the $500 mark for the month, or as close as I can get anyway.
So that leaves me; $108.22  for TP, PT's and any "filler" items needed for the month.

I think this is totally doable!
Wish me luck!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.