Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Shopping Trips: Publix & Big Lots....another Organic Food Haul!

I promise,
I only went to Publix to grab the FREE Organic Vans Vegan waffles with the new $2.00/1 IP on Mambo Sprouts, $1.00 Sugar Free Jell-O gelatin & pudding 4packs and the $.74 Cascadian Farm Organic frozen veggies but they had a lot of the GreenWise beef on sale, so I had to get some for the deep freezer since I paid a small fortune for the almost exactly the same things yesterday at a different Publix.
 ( the one closest to my house)
This one was on the way to Big Lots and lemme tell ya....
I found my new Publix, even if it is a little further to drive!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 the boxes say 5-7ct, but BOTH of mine have only 5 in each one.
Seemed kind of weird to me, they should know how many they put in the boxes,
 but whatever.
I grabbed 2 at $12.59 each because I was hoping for 6 in each box since that would
mean 4 meals for the family, but it wasn't. :(
 
I grabbed my son some Annie's Organic Cheddar Bunnies crackers
and some Horizon Organic String cheese.
 
I also grabbed 2 Alma Organic Pastas, 2 Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce, Organic Strawberry Preserves, 2 Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chips cookies, 5lbs Organic Russet Potatoes and an Organic Spaghetti squash.
 
 
Total OOP for Publix: $108.17
 
Total saved: $34.78
 
24.33%
 
 
Then we hopped over to Big Lots:
 
 

 
 
I had a Buzz Club Coupon for $5/$15 purchase so we bought:
 
1 Natures Path Organic Granola Bars
1 Cascadian Farm Organic Granola Cereal
1 Uncle Lees Organic Chamomile tea
1 bag of Peanuts ( roasted in shell)
1 40 oz. hand soap refill
1 Reese's Muffin mix & 1 Cinnamon toast Crunch Muffin mix
( both for my hubby)
1 Mentos Gum, 1 Sour Patch Kids and 1 Fruit Gushers ( that DD wanted )
 
Total OOP: $12.00
 
Total saved: $5.00
 
29.41%
 
Total OOP for the month so far is $386.20
Total Saved for the month is: $149.15
 
27.86%
 
But we are set for Organic REAL food for awhile now, I hope!
I am hoping to make it all last most of the month.
With only fill in trips for the produce, side dishes
 and any freebies/cheapies that may pop up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.