Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Shopping Trips: Aldi & Dollar Tree

 
Aldi:
 
This week was my menu plan shopping
week for 2 weeks worth of dinner meals.
Plus anything that we were out of.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found Vegan Garden Salsa Rice Crisps at Aldi!
 Clearly labeled Vegan too! Makes it so much easier when they label it!
I also found me some Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola.
I haven't tried that brand before, but for $2.29, I will!
They also had their version of Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, so I grabbed that too!
 
 

 
I promise, I didn't buy 3 bags of tater tots for the family...lol!
I bought one, but the clerk couldn't get my frozen broccoli and corn
to ring up so she scanned the tots 3 times!
 
That's all folks!
 
Total OOP: $110.32
 
Total OOP so far for the month: $421.43
 
I'm not sure my Grocery goal of $500 is going to work.
I include all household items, i.e. ..paper towels, laundry products, cleaning products, toilet paper and any HBA's we need. As well as items that my Mother in Law needs 
AND
any $$ I spend money at ANY store...I explain more HERE. & HERE.
So that isn't leaving much $$ for real food here.
Keep in mind guys, that we have 2 special needs diets in our household.
 ( a Type 1 Diabetic Son & my Vegan Diet)
 
I am thinking that I need to allocate $500 ONLY for food, $100 for household needs
and $50.00 for my Mother in laws items.
or I am going to have to only decrease it to $650 collectively.
Right now, I am going to be over the $500 mark before the month is over, no doubt.
 
Any suggestions?
How do you guys do it?
One big budget?
Lots of different sections?
I'm so lost on this one!
Help!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.