Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Menu Plan Monday: 7/8-7/14/13 Baby its hot outside!

 
 
This is something I already do weekly, but I never post it to the blog,
Why, you ask?
Because,
Our meals are crazy here, some days I prepare up to 3 different meals,
for ONE mealtime!
I have to find a way to change that.
That is waaayyy more complicated than it sounds though.
 
I am thinking of combining the fam's meals to one meal, since their diets are similar and just bumping up the protein in my DS's versus preparing him an entirely separate meal, kwim?
 You guys know what we are going through lately with all the diet changes for him so I cannot alter his meals too much, but I think it is definitely doable.
 
Then that just leaves me preparing my Vegan meals separately.
Sounds like a plan, and just in time because here in Lakeland its been so humid,
with afternoon storms nearly every day.
Yes folks, the rainy season ...aka summer, is here and baby its hot outside!
 
 
 
I think this week the Crock Pot and outdoor grill are going to get a workout!
 
The Fam's dinner meals this week:
 
Monday~ Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken, Basmati Rice, Salad
Tuesday~  Crockpot Tacos, Vegan refried beans, fresh veggies, Mexican rice
( I always drain my ground beef before adding the seasoning)
Wednesday~ Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad
Thursday~ Barbequed Grilled Pork Sirloin Chops, mac & Cheese, Salad
Friday~ Grilled Steaks, Crockpot Garlic Smashed potatoes, Steam fresh Corn
Saturday~ Burgers on the grill, potato chips, salad
Sunday~ Yankee Pot Roast with potatoes & carrots, salad
 
 
 
My Vegan Meals this week:
 
Monday~ Pinto beans w/ onions, Basmati Rice, Salad
Tuesday~ Vegan Refried Bean Burritos, fresh veggies, Mexican rice
Wednesday~ Spaghetti with Broccoli (minus the Parmesan ) , salad
Thursday~ Spicy Kale, Chick Pea & Broccoli skillet , leftover Basmati rice
Friday~ leftovers
Saturday~ leftovers
Sunday~ leftovers
 
( these meals last much longer than a week for me,
I plan for leftovers so I have easy meal times a few nights a week)
 
We typically eat light most of the day, my DS eats a full breakfast & lunch though.
 
We always have on hand eggs, bacon, pancake mix...etc for breakfast for the fam,
as well as Vegan options for me.
For lunches, we keep Vegan and Non Vegan sandwich supplies here,
and lots of leftovers that never go to waste!.
 
So in my future Menu Plan Monday posts you wont see anything
listed for Breakfast or Lunches, but know that we are eating those meals. =)


PS~ this was scheduled to post Monday morning, but apparently it didnt want to....lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.