Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Crockpot Vegan Chili: Cheap & filling!

 
This whole recipe cost me $2.33 to make a huge pot!
Add an extra $.10 for 2 potatoes and you have what we had for dinner last night!
$2.43 total. With plenty of left overs for lunches for the next few days.
It takes a little longer to make because I used dried kidney beans, but its so worth it! The flavor is so much better than using canned beans, and you control the sodium content.
 
 
 
 
Make sure you cook your dried kidney beans ($1.00 for 1lb )
according to the package directions.
 
 

 
Then add in the following:
 
1/4 cup chili powder $.50
1/2 medium onion $.18
1/2 cup chopped grape tomatos $.10
1/4 chopped green pepper $.15
2 8oz cans tomato sauce  $.20ea
( I got mine at Publix ages ago for $.20 each)
Salt & pepper to taste
=$1.33
 
I tossed in some leftover black beans that were in
the fridge so they didnt get tossed out!
 
 

 
Almost ready!





 
Yea, it tasted as good as it looks!
I served it over baked potatoes ( $.05 each ) for the hubby and I.
Bringing the total cost of this meal to a whopping $2.43!
 
Yummy! Cheap & Filling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.