Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pineapple Rice with Lime. Vegan

Pineapple Rice With Lime
 
 
 
How yummy does that look? lol!
 
Michelle at iheartpublix.com had this recipe posted in her meal plan for the week
so I just had to check it out to see if it was a Vegan dish,
 it can be made Vegan with swapping out the butter for Earth Balance! Woot!
 
Apparently she also has started another blog named iheartkitchen.com ,
 I didnt know this until I read her post this morning! Yay! There are not many posts yet, but I am sure it will be just as wonderful as iheartpublix!
 
Thanks Michelle! You rock!
 
Here is her recipe:
 
 
 
Author:
Serves: 6

Ingredients
  • 1½ cups uncooked long grain rice
  • 20 oz can of chunk pineapple in 100% juice (crush pineapple before use)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 lime, zested & juiced
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
  • 
1/4 cup green onions , chopped
  • 3 tablespoons butter (optional)

Instructions
  1. In a medium saucepan, bring water, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, lime zest, and salt to a boil.
  2. Add rice, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20- 25 minutes (or until tender).
  3. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, cilantro, chopped onions and butter.
  4. Adjust seasoning and serve
 
Now, you will notice above that the recipe calls for "butter", I will sub this item with Earth Balance Vegan butter. That is the only change to make it 100% Vegan!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.