Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Organize me!

The method to my madness:

My 3 inch Avery D-ring Binder in my Work Tote Bag!

Here are the items you need for starting your own Coupon Binder:
  • 3 Ring Binder (plastic or fabric) 
{ I advise getting at least a 3inch if you buy 3 or more papers each week}
  • Page Dividers (write your categories on the dividers)
  • Plastic Baseball Card Holders or plastic photo holders found at most craft stores

I use a combo method of the binder ( the smaller binder ) & whole insert method. 
( the larger binder with page protectors)
 I cut all the coupons I know our family will use and put those in my binder.
Then file the rest by the whole insert method. 

I know alot of couponers use a Case It zippered binder,
as did I,  but for me it just wasnt working.
Having to zip and unzip it all the time just to see if
I had a coupon to match up to a unadvertised item in the store 
was aggravating, not to mention ....well...
it was ugly as heck, and stuck out like a sore thumb!
It was drawing waaayyy to much attention since the Extreme Couponing show started,
so I went on the hunt for a bag large enough to carry a regular binder and look good.
 I went with the work tote above. Its great, as you can see, it kinda creates a
file type effect thats easy to flip through in the store
without having to actually take the binder out of the bag.

All in all, use a system that works for you.
But if you want to go the extra mile to keep things portable and viewable,
create a binder.

I wanted to be sure you guys/gals got to see, what essentially is the method to my madness that is couponing...lol! Now back to your regularly scheduled blogging....=)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hello, I love this organizing idea! I am a new follower from the Tiggerific Tuesday Hop. I would love for you to hop over to Saving and Sharing It and visit.

Katie
http://www.savingandsharingit.blogspot.com

CrazyNutsMom said...

I love your tip on the binder. I carry a big pink binder. Yes it sticks out, but if people were to look in my cart (on most trips), I'm not carrying around 3 carts with me. I might get 1/2 a cart of food. :)

and the pink helps me find it easy when I misplace it. :)

Following you from welcome Wednesday.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.