Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday!


It's time for Fill in the Blank Friday!!!
Feel free to play along!
1.   The most selfless thing I've ever done was     remain strong and by my Mother's side every step of the way this past year and a half that she battled bladder cancer. From the early stages before her diagnosis, thru chemo, too many hospitalizations to list along the way, then the radical cystectomy surgery, and then the after care...even though she wanted to give up, I helped her fight it as long as she could. I kept a positive attitude for her..."We are gonna beat this"..even though inside I was terrified and cried the minute I was alone. She lasted a little over a year after diagnosis. She passed away July 20th, 2011 at 2:35a.m. and I was right there beside here as she took her last breath....I miss her so much! But I know she is in a better place with no pain and suffering now. I love you Momma!!


2.   When it comes to working out    I am a hater....all the way! I force myself to use my elliptical 1-2 times a week, at most. Sometimes it doesnt get done, but thats okay.     .

3.  A woman should always   count her blessings, no matter how small they are. There are many advantages to focusing on what we are blessed with versus what we are not!   .

4. I wish I could    find a cure for cancer    and then I'd   save all the other daughters and sons out there the grief and sorrow I am still feeling now.

5.  A best friend is    hard to replace! Hold those few that you have close to your heart.

6.  I can't get enough of     the beautiful Florida weather we are having now! So much better than the scorching summer we had.

7.  This weekend I am    going to the beach with my hubby,I hope the weather cooperates < crosses fingers>  .


What are your weekend plans?


3 comments:

Ashlyn said...

you are SO unbelievably strong for staying by your mothers side. that is probably the hardest thing to do & you have so much strength!

& a women should def count her blessings. we are blessed with sooo much & sometimes we look over the blessings!

&girl i am right there with you about finding a cure for cancer! one day it will happen & it will be glorious!

enjoy the beach with you hubby!

Discount Chica said...

What a sad and amazing story about your mom! Inspiration... and how lucky you and your mom are to have each other.

Thank you for sharing!

Crystal said...

Thanks for the kind words =) It was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, child birth was easier....and alot less painful. =( But I wouldnt have had it any other way.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I LOVE hearing from my readers, and I really appreciate your feedback.